here they are:
1. a decent piece of furniture :a piece of furniture that was not bought off gumtree or handed down by some relative. as you leave the "student" lifestyle and begin building your own home, it is important that you own something that is apart of you.
2. a small circle of friends you can trust with anything : by the time 30 is here, you have figured out who you are and have witnessed first hand who your true and close friends are.
3. the knowledge of whether you want to have children or not : this is important in general. no further explanation needed.
4. something impractical and expensive that you bought yourself just because you wanted it : i think we all know what i mean here. you deserve that designer handbag or those Prada shoes that you have always admired but never owned. if you heading for 30, then you better act quick (or eveb Christian Louboutin red sole shoes are an option too!)
5. a great resume : we all know how important this is. whether you have changed jobs a 100 times or just twice, it is still important and relative to have the starting blocks of you career written down.
6. a daily routine for your beauty needs : i am all for using anti-aging cream - so what if it is a scam and all marketing, there will still be some goodness in that R600 bottle. prevention is better than cure. whether you have children or not, you are still entitled to look after yourself.
7. an exercise plan that you stick to for fitness, health, and long-term maintenance : your metabolism is not getting any younger, and neither are you. by the time you are 30, you need to know what you like doing, what you good at, what you can stick to and what is the most beneficial for your body + physique.
8. one stamp in your passport : ah, that is a must!! you can only walk New York in heels when you are young!!
9. a past filled with juicy stories to tell in your old age : i don't believe that the fun stops at 30, but your stories will definitely lack the spice that they used to when you were studying or beginning your career.
10. control of your finances and a savings account you add money to each month : there is nothing more unattractive than a women who lacks control of her money, income and finance in general. there is no room overdrawing or Daddy doing your taxes (i would get an agency in there any day ;) )
and that's it from me. i am not 30 yet, but if i can aim to have achieved these 10 things, then i am definitely travelling the right road.
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3709003/kelseys-closet?claim=r348s4bnjaq">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>